3D Printed Squonk Mod
!! Before you consider using a mechanical mod or building your own mod, you should be familiar with battery safety and you should have some understanding of Ohm’s law to be safe !!
If you do not have a 3D printer but still want to create your own mod, check out shapeways, a website where you can get your designs printed by professional 3D printers. Otherwise I will attach the .stl files so you can simply print it out yourself.
What you are going to need:
- 3D printed frame. You can either get them printed on shapeways or download the .stl file to print it yourself
- Front + Back Panel. It is up to you whether you want the front and back panels to be 3D printed as well or make them out of wood. I attached those panels in different formats, so you can either use the .pdf file to print them out on paper and trace the outline with a coping saw, scroll saw or similar.
Alternatively you can use the .dxf files to cut them with a CNC or a laser. Or use the .stl files to 3D print them. They are designed to be made of 3mm (1/8”) thick wood with 1.5mm (1/16”) deep holes for the magnets.
- 3D printed button
- 0.5mm thick copper for the battery contacts. They can be found on modmaker.co.uk or you can buy some copper sheet at the hardware store and use the template in the downloadable .zip file to cut it out with tinsnips yourself
- Five 4×1.5mm round magnets
- Squonk 510 connector + 22mm washer
- Squonk bottle
- Spring / battery contact. Just use the battery contacts and snip off the leg and solder it to the copper contact
- Soldering iron / small gas burner to solder spring to copper